CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL
FEBRUARY 4, 2020 7:00 P.M.
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 4, 2020 in the Council Room at 201 North Davis Street. The following items will be discussed:
- Call to order.
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
- Presentations, proclamations, and announcements. (a) Black History Month; (b) Antidote to Urban Sprawl
- Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2762, an ordinance amending Chapter 15 of the Code of Ordinances by adding Article VII, entitled Curfew Hours for Minors.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2763, annexing city owned property formally referred to as the Luminant or Thermo Mine properties.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2764, authorizing the issuance and sale of City of Sulphur Springs, Texas, Combination Tax and Revenue Certificates of Obligation, Series 2020; levying an annual ad valorem tax and providing for the security for and payment of said certificates; approving an official statement; providing an effective date; and enacting other provisions relating to the subject.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2765, approving and authorizing the franchise agreement with Atmos Energy Corporation which provides natural gas to the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas.
- Discussion/action on annual report regarding traffic stops and arrests.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1189, approving the submission of a grant application to the Office of the Governor – Homeland Security Division to purchase a thermal imaging camera.
- Discussion/action on Resolution 1190 and 1190(S) calling for election.
- Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for Asbestos Abatement Services for 301 Oak Avenue.
- Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for Street Improvements Program (SIP) 2020.
- Discussion/action on a motion to approve one (1) agricultural lease at the old Thermo Mine/Luminant property and authorizing the city manager to execute said documents with Mark Johnson.
- Visitors and public forum.