At a Monday, Feb. 24 meeting, the Paris Junior College Board of Regents approved an increase of $1 per semester credit hour for in-district and out-of-district tuition for the 2020-2021 academic year that begins with the fall 2020 semester.
The Regents also voted to make no changes to existing dual credit tuition and fees.
In other action, the Regents:
• Received a financial report from Controller Keitha Carlton showing that for the fiscal year, expenses remain well below revenue.
• Moved the regular March board meeting to March 31.
• Received a report that PJC has again received the Claims Administrative Services Workers Compensation Awards for having the lowest loss ratio of 2018-2019 and the lowest three-year ratio for 2018-2019. PJC has been given two $500 scholarships as a result.
• Learned that the average amount spent per full-time student equivalent is $5,040 compared to $7,409 as the state average. Most East Texas colleges are below the state average.
• Accepted the employment of Megan Chapman as Student Activities Coordinator and Jon Eubanks as Director of Physical Plant, effective March 2; and of Rafael Ramirez as Campus Police Officer, effective Feb. 21.
Paris Junior College — located in Paris, Texas, about 100 miles northeast of Dallas — has been a part of the Lamar County community since 1924.
Paris Junior College offers Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degrees, as well as Certificates of Proficiency in technical/workforce fields. The college has expanded its academic curriculum through the years to encourage associate degree and university transfer candidates. Since establishing its first vocational program — jewelry and watchmaking in 1942 — the college has been aggressive in adding technical/workforce programs that will benefit students entering the workforce.
The campus of 54 tree-shaded acres includes 20 major buildings and residence halls and provides students a unique and pleasant environment for learning.
Paris Junior College also operates centers in Sulphur Springs, Texas, and in Greenville, Texas.
To be the educational provider of choice for the region.
Paris Junior College is a comprehensive community college serving the region’s educational and training needs while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of our diverse community.