Lady Cats Basketball Coach Brittney Tisdell said the Greenville game Tuesday night (February 4) was one the Lady Cats had to have. The Lady Cats defeated Greenville, 47-36. She said she would have liked a cleaner game but she emphasized that a win is a win. The Lady Cats found points hard to come by in the first two quarters but played much better in the last two quarters to get the win. Coach Tisdell said the Lady Cats won despite terrible free throw shooting. She said freshman Kenzie Willis is on a roll and is back in it after returning from an injury several games ago. Willis scored a game high 22 points Tuesday. Coach Tisdell also praised the defensive work of Nylah Lindley and Hannah Cordell. She said Kate Womack is providing help defense while guard Bre’Asia brings speed to the game. She said Willis, Lindley, Cordell, Womack and Ivery make up the Lady Cats best defensive unit. Coach Tisdell said she is trying to win with defense. With the win and a Lindale loss to Royse City, the Lady Cats now possess the fourth and final playoff spot. Lindale is one game behind with two games to go. Lindale still has to go to Texas High and to play Greenville at home. The Lady Cats travel to Mount Pleasant on Friday and then close out district play at home against Texas High.
Home » Headlines » Lady Cats Basketball Team Wins Second District Game in a Row Topping Greenville at Home
- HCUW 2021-22 Campaign Report Meeting Dates, Goal, Allocations Announced
- HCUW Campaign Workers Kick-Off 2021-22 Campaign With Luncheon
- Data Shows Many Child Car Seats are Misused
- Fall Welding Class at the Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs Center
- Blood Drive Held at the Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs Campus
- AG: 99-Year Sentence Assessed In Hunt County Human Trafficking Case