Soccer can be a frustrating sport. Case in point was Tuesday (January 21) night’s Wildcats game against Pittsburg at Gerald Prim Stadium that ended in a 0-0 tie. Wildcats Coach Alexi Upton said the Wildcats dominated play and had 21 shots on goal while the Pirates managed only 2 chances. Coach Upton said the Pirates’ goalkeeper “stood on his head” making 16 saves. He said he couldn’t have asked for more from his team that created so many chances and shots. He said the Wildcats played well but could learn lessons from the game. The tie evened the Wildcats season record at 4-4-4. Coach Upton said the Wildcats would be facing three heavyweight teams before beginning district play at Greenville on February 11. Friday at home the Wildcats take on Mesquite Poteet, Coach Upton’s alma mater. The following Friday Lovejoy visits The Prim. The Leopards were preseason ranked #4 in the region. The Wildcats also will play at Nevada Community on February 7. Community was preseason ranked #5 in Class 4A in their region.
Home » Headlines » Wildcats Soccer Team Dominates Action But Has to Settle for 0-0 Tie at The Prim Tuesday Night
- Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs News
- Lady Cats Head Basketball Coach Brittney Tisdell Heading Home to North Lamar
- Tira News – June 25, 2021: Tira Residents Enjoy Spending Father’s Day Together
- Journey Road Ministries Plans Golf Tourney
- East Caney Cemetery Committee Meeting Tonight
- Regular Commissioners Court Meeting, Work Session Scheduled Friday