The Wildcats Basketball Team had a very good 2019. So far this season they are ranked #5 in Class 5A and their season record is 15-6. The Wildcats wrapped up the old year with a third place finish in the prestigious Whataburger Tournament at Mansfield Legacy High School last weekend. The Wildcats won three of four games in that tournament all against ranked teams. Now they want to get the new year off to a good start. On this game day Friday (January 3), the Wildcats will travel to Princeton to take on the Panthers. There will be a freshman game beginning at 5 p.m. The Wildcats and Panthers JV teams play starting at around 6:15 p.m. The varsity contest should get underway at around 7:30 p.m. Last year’s game between the two teams was a delight for lovers of offense. In the main gym at Sulphur Springs High School, the Wildcats had to outscore the Panthers winning, 94-84. That was the highest Wildcats point total for a Clark Cipoletta coached team until the Wildcats scored 103 in a win in their second game of this season, 103-52 over Pleasant Grove in the main gym at Sulphur Springs High School on November 19. Day Day Hall scored 27 points last year against Princeton.
Home » Community Events » Wildcats Basketball Team Looks Forward to 2020 After Good Start to Season in the Old Year
- Hopkins County FFA Ag Mechanics Show is Largest So Far, 36 Projects
- 2 Sentenced On Murder Charge In District Court
- Free Bottled Water Available To Anyone Without Water Or Still Under Boil Water Notice
- Jan Dunham
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation Pleads Guilty To Price Fixing, Sentenced To A $107 Million Criminal Fine
- Former Enloe State Bank President Sentenced To 8 Years In Federal Prison For Conspiracy To Commit Bank Fraud, Arson