The Sulphur Bluff Lady Bears Basketball Team got a big Homecoming district win Friday night (January 17) setting up a district showdown of unbeaten teams with Saltillo Tuesday in Saltillo. The Lady Bears overwhelmed Union Hill, 85-7 in the Homecoming game. The Lady Bears set the tone for the game in the first quarter outscoring Union Hill, 21-0. The Lady Bears led 44-4 at the half, 64-4 after three quarters and 85-7 at the end. Coach Zandra Peyton said the Lady Bears played great defense. For the Lady Bears, Skylar Stanley had 33 points, 19 rebounds and 2 steals. Jade Wade had 13 points, 3 rebounds and 8 steals. Angel Brown had 10 points, 9 assists, 2 rebounds and 2 steals. Tori Raine had 10 points, 2 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 assist. Dalena di Donato had 10 points, 8 rebounds and 1 assist. Bailey Neal had 7 points 2 rebounds and 4 steals. Molly Kelley had 2 points, 2 steals and an assist. Lydia Drummond had 3 rebounds, a steal and an assist. Both Sulphur Bluff and Saltillo are 4-0 in district play. The two teams will break the tie for the first half of district play Friday night at Saltillo.
Home » App » Sulphur Bluff Lady Bears Basketball Team Wins Homecoming Game to Set Up District Showdown
- Reception for Retiring Carolyn McKinney Held Friday at SW Dairy Museum
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events
- Jury Panel Summoned to Appear Monday Has Been Cancelled