The Wildcats Basketball Team’s 68-58 loss at Dallas Woodrow Wilson seemed to be the result of a lack of good defense by the Wildcats and a lack of good shooting. Wildcats Coach Clark Cipoletta said Woodrow came out and got the best of the Wildcats. He said they really played good and he added they are a good, solid team. He said they also had a lot of size that affected play around the rim and made it hard for Wildcats Cameron Kahn and Day Day Hall to score inside. Coach Cipoletta said the Wildcats made only 2 of 22 three-point shots. He said the game would help figure out things that the Wildcats need to clean up to get better. One thing was a lack of the usual solid Wildcats’ defense. He said the Wildcats did not put up much resistance to keep Wilson from scoring. He said the Wildcats fought back but just ran out of time. He said the Wildcats were able to cut the lead to 2 points late but could never get over the hump. Coach Cipoletta said he’s been urging his team to be a dog in the fight. It’s something they did in Mansfield last weekend but something they did not do Tuesday night. For the Wildcats against Woodrow Wilson, Hall had 18 points and Kahn scored 16. Boo Wilkerson had 11 points. Lamodrick Johnson scored 6 points. Grayson McClure had 5 points and Justin Brock scored 2 points. The Wildcats play next in a Forney tournament Thursday through Saturday.
Home » Community Events » Wildcats Coach Clark Cipoletta Says Lack of Good Defense and Shooting Led to Tuesday Loss
- Names Of Hopkins County Residents Age 90 Or Older Still Sought for Banquet
- Hopkins County Records
- Beverly C. Chapman
- A&M-Commerce to Host Inaugural Southern Gospel Brunch Event
- Burglary Investigation Results In Location of Stolen Vehicles and Weapons, Tools, Methamphetamine; 5 Arrests
- Jackie D. Huddleston
- SSHS Soccer: Lady Cats Win Big, Wildcats Shut Out Foe
- Lady Cats Basketball Wins First District Game
- Wildcats Basketball Falls To Greenville In District Game
- SSHS Students Herd, Lopez Recognized For Creating Logos For Hopkins County EMS
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Large solar farms in rural areas of North East Texas are...
- A terrible idea! (40%)
- A great idea! (34%)
- fishy... very fishy.... (14%)
- I don't care one way or the other. (13%)
Thanks for voting!