During a post game interview after Tuesday (December 17) night’s Wildcats’ home loss to Denton Guyer, 70-64, Wildcats Coach Clark Cipoletta repeated his philosophy of the benefits of scheduling the toughest opponents he can find. He said a kid that just wants to win 30 games a year might be at the wrong program here. He said the Wildcats, while he is head coach, would play the best of the best. Coach Cipoletta said his team got better Tuesday night by playing highly ranked 6A Denton Guyer. He said sometime even with a loss, a team gets better. Coach Cipoletta said the tough schedule pays off during district play and the playoffs. He noted that the Wildcats have played 8 close games this season. He said his team has been up by 3 with 3 seconds left and down by 3 with 3 seconds left. Coach Cipoletta said he knows it is not fun to lose, either for a competitive coach like himself or for his competitive players. He said everyone needs to keep the big picture in mind. The Wildcats need to continue to get better every day. Coach Cipoletta said he was proud of senior Justin Brock who had a big fourth quarter for the Wildcats scoring 9 points. He said Brock played with confidence and was an impact player. Senior Grayson McClure also scored 11 fourth quarter points and senior Day Day Hall added 5 points in the quarter. Next the Wildcats play Dallas Jesuit Friday night in the main gym at Sulphur Springs High School.
Home » Community Events » Wildcats Basketball Coach Cipoletta Says Sometimes Even With a Loss, Team Gets Better
- Pickton Man Jailed On A Felony Assault Charge
- Bob Evans Foods Helps Feed 2,400 Families Friday
- Dr. McDearmont, General Surgeon Seeing Patients at CHRISTUS Comprehensive Wound Healing Center
- Animal Control Officer Appreciation Week
- Governor To Lift Certain Telehealth Restrictions, Expands Options
- Sulphur Springs City Council Approves Curfew, Postpones Election
Ye Olde KSST Poll
I agree with KSST's analysis of the March 8th, 2020 'Boom'.. Choose all that apply.
- Could not have done better myself (44%)
- 100% (22%)
- Oh yea! (22%)
- Exactly my thought! (11%)
Thanks for voting!