This is quite a week for Triston Abron, the former Wildcat football player, former Wildcat assistant coach and former Wildcat defensive coordinator now the Head Football Coach at Paul Pewitt. His Brahmas will play for the Class 3A, Division II State Championship Thursday at 7 p.m. against Gunter at AT&T Stadium in Arlington. Both teams have 14-1 records. Wednesday on their way to Arlington, Coach Abron and his Brahmas stopped by the Sulphur Springs High School Multipurpose Building for a brief workout. They also visited the SSHS Cafeteria where they could not help but notice Paul Pewitt spirit signs in the cafeteria. Coach Abron was touched by the hometown support. He said Paul Pewitt is now his home but he added his “home” home will always be Sulphur Springs. As they left Sulphur Springs, the team was headed to Arlington. Coach Abron wanted his team to get used to the stadium so they took in the Refugio and Post Class 2A, Division I Championship Game Wednesday night. (Refugio won 28-7) Coach Abron doesn’t seem to mind that his team is considered the underdog in the championship game. He said the experts have been doubting his team all year long. Picked fourth in their district, the Brahmas ended up as co-district champs. Coach Abron indicated that each week in the playoffs, experts expected them to lose. He said the Brahmas want to make believers of everyone. One more big win should accomplish that.
Home » Community Events » Paul Pewitt Head Coach Triston Abron Gets Good Vibes From Hometown on Way to State Final Game
- Shorthanded Lady Cats Soccer Team Comes Out on Short End of 3-1 Game Against Longview Saturday at The Prim
- Wildcats Soccer Team Edged Out by Longview, 1-0 on the Road Saturday
- Wildcats Baseball Team Drops Their Final Two Games at Rose City Classic Saturday
- Lady Cats Softball Team Takes Two Games on Final Day of Allen Tournament on Rainy Saturday
- Saltillo Lions Basketball Falls to Slidell In Quarterfinal
- Deputies Arrested Three People On Possession Charges Following Traffic Stops