Wildcats Soccer player Manuel Esparza, the son of Liliana Sanchez, signed a letter of intent to play college soccer at Southwestern Assemblies of God University in Waxahachie Tuesday morning. Esparza says he filled out a recruiting profile that drew the attention of SAGU coaches. After a visit, a deal was struck. Esparza says the Waxahachie campus is beautiful and has a good atmosphere. Esparza says the coaches told him they like his strength and height and his ability to see things on the field before they happen. Esparza, plays as a center back defender for the Wildcats, and he says SAGU is also looking for him to play that position. Esparza says he is currently undecided about what he will major in at SAGU. He says he has played soccer most of his life and he adds he likes playing defense. Esparza says he hopes the Wildcats can win a district championship and advance to the regional tournament this season. Wildcats Coach Alexi Upton calls Esparza a good kid with talent and a hard worker. Coach Upton says after Esparza did not play a lot his junior year, he has worked hard to improve himself. He says getting a scholarship is all Esparza’s doing. Esparza is Coach Upton’s first college signee and the second year coach says he expects quite a few more.
Home » Community Events » Wildcats Soccer Player Manuel Esparza Signs With Southwestern Assemblies of God University
- TWC: Program Offers Free Child Care To Assist Parents Employed In Service Industry
- The Hopkins County Community Toiletry Drive A Success
- Traffic Stop Results In Foot Pursuit, Controlled Substance Arrest
- James Michael ”Mike” Marsh
- Wildcats Team Tennis Clinches Playoff Spot With Last Week’s Win Versus Pine Tree
- Trading Post for September 22, 2021