Last Year’s Wildcats’ Basketball Team had the knack of winning lots of close games down the stretch. They started the 2019-2020 season in the same way. The Wildcats, ranked #5 in Class 5A, battled Decatur, ranked #7 in Class 4A, into overtime before eking out a 73-71 win Saturday (November 16) in the Cowtown Showdown at North Crowley. The Wildcats got a huge game from senior Sadaidriene Day Day Hall, a IUPUI commit, who scored 31 points to lead the Wildcats and had 16 rebounds and 7 blocks. Senior Cameron Kahn, a Dallas Baptist commit, scored 18 points with 8 rebounds and 4 assists. Junior Boo Wilkerson added 16 points, which included 4 made three point shots in 6 attempts. Junior point guard Lamodrick Johnson had 5 points. Sophomore Justin Haire scored 4 points and grabbed 4 rebounds. Senior Grayson McClure had 1 point. This is the third year in a row that the Wildcats have opened the season with a win at the Cowtown Showdown. The 1-0 Wildcats have their home opener Tuesday night in the Main Gym at Sulphur Springs taking on Pleasant Grove.
Home » Community Events » Wildcats Basketball Team Opens the Regular Season With Two Point Win in Overtime
- Wildcats Football Has Tough First Half in Ennis on Friday, and Wildcats Cross Country Hosted First Ever Sulphur Springs Invitational Last Weekend
- Dinner Bell Menu For September 29, 2021
- Business History: Mattison Insurance Agency-Here When You Need It!
- Hopkins County Commissioners Court Sept. 27, 2021, Regular Meeting Agenda
- Meal A Day Menu For Sept. 27-Oct. 1, 2021
- Hospital District Board To Consider Setting FY 2021-22 Tax Rate, Budget On Sept. 28