The Sulphur Bluff Lady Bears played a strong match Tuesday (November 5) at Harts Bluff and defeated Yantis, 3-0 in a Class 1A Region III bi-district playoff. The score was 25-14, 25-14 and 25-12. Lady Bears Coach Zandra Peyton said the win secured the title of bi-district and area champs for Sulphur Bluff. The Lady Bears also won their 20th game of the season. For the Lady Bears, Alley Collett had 25 service points, 1 kill and 16 assists. Ann Dorner had 2 service points and 6 kills. Jada Wade had 8 service points and 4 kills. Skylar Stanley had 6 service points and 2 blocks. Dalena di Donato had 5 service points including 3 aces. Hannah Byrd had a service point and Coach Peyton credited her for having great coverage on the floor. Coach Peyton said Angel Brown made some big plays and hustled to save out of system balls. Taylor Wallis and Molly Kelley, both up from the JV, had service points. Tori Raine had 4 kills. Cierra Johnson had 2 service points, 2 kills and 1 assist. Coach Peyton said see was really proud of how her girls played as a team and stayed positive. Sulphur Bluff will now advance to the Regional Quarterfinals and will face the winner of a Miller Grove and Union Hill match. Coach Peyton said if Miller Grove wins, Sulphur Bluff will play Miller Grove next Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in Sulphur Springs.
- 2 New COVID-19 Cases in Hopkins County Reported On Memorial Day
- Young Cancer Patient Gets a Memorable Trip Home with Large Motorcycle Escort
- Meal A Day Menu For May 25-29, 2020
- I-30 Crash Resulted In 2 Fatalities Sunday Morning
- Hopkins County Records — May 23, 2020
- 2 Men Jailed In Hopkins County On Felony Warrants
Ye Olde KSST Poll
When Will You Feel Okay Traveling On A Vacation Again ?
- I would go now if I could. (31%)
- I would go once we have a vaccine for COVID-19 (19%)
- I will probably wait another month. (15%)
- I may not travel until summer of 2021 (15%)
- I don't know if I will ever feel comfortable traveling again. (12%)
- Maybe when the government gives the "all clear" (8%)
Thanks for voting!