The Sulphur Bluff Lady Bears played a strong match Tuesday (November 5) at Harts Bluff and defeated Yantis, 3-0 in a Class 1A Region III bi-district playoff. The score was 25-14, 25-14 and 25-12. Lady Bears Coach Zandra Peyton said the win secured the title of bi-district and area champs for Sulphur Bluff. The Lady Bears also won their 20th game of the season. For the Lady Bears, Alley Collett had 25 service points, 1 kill and 16 assists. Ann Dorner had 2 service points and 6 kills. Jada Wade had 8 service points and 4 kills. Skylar Stanley had 6 service points and 2 blocks. Dalena di Donato had 5 service points including 3 aces. Hannah Byrd had a service point and Coach Peyton credited her for having great coverage on the floor. Coach Peyton said Angel Brown made some big plays and hustled to save out of system balls. Taylor Wallis and Molly Kelley, both up from the JV, had service points. Tori Raine had 4 kills. Cierra Johnson had 2 service points, 2 kills and 1 assist. Coach Peyton said see was really proud of how her girls played as a team and stayed positive. Sulphur Bluff will now advance to the Regional Quarterfinals and will face the winner of a Miller Grove and Union Hill match. Coach Peyton said if Miller Grove wins, Sulphur Bluff will play Miller Grove next Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in Sulphur Springs.
- Trading Post for September 16, 2021
- Lady Cats Golf Fall Schedule Finalized
- Goodson Sentenced To 25 Years For Failure to Appear, 10 Years On Felony DWI Conviction
- From the White House to Texas A&M University-Commerce: Alumnus Makes “Historic” Gift
- 2021 Earl W. Martin 42 Tournament Registration Forms Mailed for the October 16 Tourney
- 2 Sulphur Springs Men Sentenced On One Sexual Assault Charge Each