Despite a 46-29 loss to Mount Vernon Tuesday Night (November 12), Lady Cats Basketball Coach Brittney Tisdell said her team played a lot better than they did last Saturday against Mineola. She said the Lady Cats just got down by too many points in the first quarter to overcome. Coach Tisdell said her team’s play after the first quarter was outstanding. She said the Lady Cats could have won except for the bad first quarter that saw them trailing 18-5. Coach Tisdell said she got standout performances from two freshmen Tuesday night. Kenzie Willis scored 15 points and Serenity Lewis had 9. She said the pair scored 24 of the Lady Cats’ 29 points. She noted they looked much more comfortable than they did on Saturday. Coach Tisdell said it’s a big change in pace when a player jumps from the 8th grade to the varsity. The Lady Cats, 0-2 this season, play next in the Bells Invitational Tournament. They open bright and early Thursday at 9 a.m. against Pottsboro, ranked #23 in Class 3A. After the slow start at Mount Vernon, Coach Tisdell said she might need to make sure there is coffee on the bus considering the Lady Cats early start time Thursday morning.
Home » Community Events » Lady Cats Basketball Coach Saw a Lot of Improvement in Her Team Tuesday Night
- Local Students Kick Their Way to Championships!
- COVID Vaccine Clinics, Blood Drive Hosted At CHRISTUS’ Sulphur Springs facilities
- Although A Petition For Temporary Restraining Order, Injunction Denied, Lawsuit To Prevent Construction of Dike Solar Farm Ongoing
- Hopkins County Records – July 23, 2021
- Downtown West Redesign Proposal Features Plenty Of Water, Shade Trees, Engaging Interactive Components
- Downtown Parking Poll: Most Want a Garage