Marie Cranford Chester, who has raised a family of Hopkins County cooks, will celebrate her 95th birthday on Sunday November 10, 2019, come-and-go between 2 and 4 pm inside the Fellowship Hall of Sulphur Bluff United Methodist Church. No gifts, please! Marie was born at Paducah, Texas in 1924 but got to Hopkins County “as quick as she could”, when her family settled in the South Liberty Community where she grew up. She met and married Mervin Chester and they had four children, the late John Chester, Patricia Chester Dorner, Katy Chester Patterson and Vonda Chester Nelson. During her adult life, Marie worked at the H.D. Lee Plant, also she and Mervin had a dairy and farmed on their land at Dike. Among her treasures are her many, many friends. For her eight grandchildren and numerous great-grandchildren, Marie is famous for her Hopkins County stew, black walnut pies and homemade ice cream which she often prepares on Sundays for whoever drops by! She loves fellowship and hopes to see everyone at her party.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Soccer Anyone! First Official Practice Date is December 2 for Wildcats
- Lady Cats Basketball Coach Brittney Tisdell is Pleased with Bells Tourney Showing
- Coach Cipoletta Says Wildcats Found a Way to Win Season Opener in OT
- Saltillo Lady Lions Pick Up Solid Road Win at Rivercrest Saturday
- Winnsboro Police Department Media Report
- Tradin’ Post for Monday, November 18th, 2019
- Como-Pickton CISD’s Dec. 7 Jingle Jog Benefits Senior Scholarship Fund
- Channel 18 News: Monday, November 18, 2019
- Brian Perry Endowment Established At PJC
- Class of 1968 Honors Classmate