The Wildcat Band warmed up for the big Area UIL Contest coming up this Saturday with a fine showing this past Saturday (October 19) at the Texas A&M-Commerce NETEX Marching Invitational. Wildcat Band Director Spencer Emmert said the event featured much stronger competition this year as 6A bands were invited. He said that is a positive thing for his band. Emmert said out of 20-25 bands, the Wildcats’ made it into the top ten to qualify for the finals. Emmert was also thrilled that the Wildcat Band received the first ever Lion Heart Award for Sportsmanship and Character. He called it a great testament to his band. For the finals, Emmert said he told the band they were going to have to step up. He said all the other finals’ bands would. The Wildcat Band finished 7th and Emmert said he was happy with that. He said all the bands ahead of the Wildcats were powerhouses of state contest caliber. Emmert said the band received good comments from judges that would be worked on before Saturday’s Area UIL event at Mesquite Memorial Stadium. For all the bands that qualified for Area, one of every five will earn a trip to state.
- Round 2 of the Jettrim IJSBA World Finals begins October 6
- Ricky Stewart
- Raising Funds for Terrific Tuesdays; September Mini-Walks and The Walk to Remember October 7 on Celebration Plaza
- HCUW 2021-22 Campaign Report Meeting Dates, Goal, Allocations Announced
- HCUW Campaign Workers Kick-Off 2021-22 Campaign With Luncheon
- Data Shows Many Child Car Seats are Misused