Wildcat Band Director Spencer Emmert calls the Region UIL Contest a “biggie”. Tuesday (October 15) the Wildcat Band went to the contest at Mount Pleasant, earned scores of all one’s from the judges and qualified for the Area contest on October 26 at Mesquite Memorial Stadium. Emmert says some contingencies were prepared in case of rainy weather Tuesday but he says they were never needed as the bad weather held off. He calls the Tuesday performance in Mount Pleasant awesome. Emmert says judges’ comments concerning the band were spectacular. He says he also heard lots of praise for the band from the band director crowd in the press box. Emmert says they were impressed at the band’s level of execution. He says there is a lot of talk going around of a positive nature about the band. He says they noticed that Sulphur Springs finished fourth at a Royse City contest last Saturday behind three of the top bands in the state: Garland Lakeview Centennial, North Forney and West Mesquite. Before Area, the Wildcat Band will perform at a Commerce contest on Saturday that will include prelims and finals. The Wildcats are scheduled to perform in Commerce at 1:45 p.m. Saturday.
Home » Headlines » Wildcat Band Earns Trip to Area With Scores of Straight Ones From Judges at UIL Region Contest
- Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs News
- Lady Cats Head Basketball Coach Brittney Tisdell Heading Home to North Lamar
- Tira News – June 25, 2021: Tira Residents Enjoy Spending Father’s Day Together
- Journey Road Ministries Plans Golf Tourney
- East Caney Cemetery Committee Meeting Tonight
- Regular Commissioners Court Meeting, Work Session Scheduled Friday