Stew Day in Sulphur Springs, Texas dawned energizingly cool but quite damp from overnight rains, however that did not dampen the spirits of the cooks and volunteers busily preparing the official dish of Hopkins County! Pictured are just a few of the individual camps where cooking teams were ready to compete for the for the biggest World Championship Hopkins County Stew Contest to date: the 50th Anniversary contest! Again, this is just a small portion of the campsites. With 187 sites ballooning out to the fringes of Buford Park, I did not get to visit every site! So, in addition to this photo collection, please watch KSST’s Cable Channel 18 TV’s coverage of individual sites and the presentation of winners. Within the program, we will place all the 2019 Stew activities and replay the program numerous times into early November. Every participant is to be congratulated! Enjoy!
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs Center Offering Short-Term Industry Readiness Course
- Fall Enrollment at Paris Junior College
- Winnsboro Police Department Sept. 20-26, 2021 Media Report
- CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital: News Release September 28, 2021
- Cornhole Tourney with Cash Prize
- With 958 Texas Deaths in 2020, Local MADD Event Rounds Up Support for Mothers Against Drunk (and Drugged) Driving Campaign