Wildcats Football Coach Greg Owens, at his weekly media gathering Wednesday morning before Friday’s game at Forney, said last week’s bye week was pretty good. He said the team had some good practices, some players were able to rest up and some grade issues got looked at. Actually he said, if given a choice, he would have preferred to get back on the field and play last Friday. Coach Owens said everyone is ready to get a W. He said if for no other reason, to get some pay off for all the hard work. Concerning Forney, Coach Owens said they are big and have a couple of quick skill kids. He said Forney seems to be working to figure out who they are. He said they have gotten progressively better each week. Coach Owens and other Wildcats’ coaches scouted Forney’s game last Friday at Royse City. Coach Owens said he also saw some of the Corsicana and North Forney game. Coach Owens said he is impressed with the Forney quarterback (senior Campbell Anderson) calling him perhaps the best runner on the team. He said Forney also completed several long passes against the Royse City defense. Last year Forney was very successful against the Wildcats running behind the blocking of a big tight end. They still do that but Coach Owens said the current tight end is not as skilled yet as last year’s. He said Forney has a big offensive line. Coach Owens said the Jackrabbits will show you different defensive fronts. He is really impressed with one of the Forney outside linebackers who is undersized but blitzes very effectively (senior Westin Beeman). Coach Owens said one of the Jackrabbit safeties and one of their inside linebackers also really impressed him on tape. The Jackrabbits also have a big defensive line. Coach Owens said it may come down more to us rather than Forney. He said the Wildcats need to take care of business, be consistent, take care of the football and tackle well. Last year’s game was a scoring fest with the Wildcats winning, 56-47 at The Prim. Coach Owens said he would settle for scoring one more point than Forney Friday night.
- Missing Arkansas Man Found In Lake Cypress Springs
- Governor Outlines Phase III Of Plan To Reopen Texas
- Cattle Prices Continue To Fall While Grocery Store Prices On The Rise
- Sulphur Springs City Manager’s Report, June 2020
- Architect, Land Purchase For New Sulphur Springs Senior Citizens Center Approved
- Woman Accused Of Stalking A Former Sulphur Springs Police Officer
Ye Olde KSST Poll
When Will You Feel Okay Traveling On A Vacation Again ?
- I would go now if I could. (31%)
- I would go once we have a vaccine for COVID-19 (19%)
- I will probably wait another month. (15%)
- I may not travel until summer of 2021 (15%)
- I don't know if I will ever feel comfortable traveling again. (12%)
- Maybe when the government gives the "all clear" (8%)
Thanks for voting!