Lady Cats Volleyball Coach Bailey Dorner said her team had a little bit of a slow start before finding high gear in a 3-1 district win at Mount Pleasant on Friday (October 25). The Lady Cats managed to win a close first set but then dropped set two. In high gear, the Lady Cats put the match away by winning sets three and four. Coach Dorner said she got very good play from Sadie Washburn, Brooklyn Burnside and Erika VanBenthem, who did a good job of finishing and avoiding blocks. Coach Dorner said the Lady Cats also passed the ball well. With other results, the Friday win put the Lady Cats in the playoffs. They are now tied for third in district with Royse City. Both teams are 4-5 in district play. If the two teams end up tied after matches Tuesday night, Coach Dorner said the two teams would flip a coin to determine the third and fourth seeds in district. The Lady Cats close against Texas High, 2-7 in district play, Tuesday night in the Main Gym at Sulphur Springs High School on Senior Night. There are four Lady Cats’ seniors: Aliyah Abron, Sydney Washburn, Kaylee Malone and Erika VanBenthem. The Lady Cats will also recognize their senior athletic trainer. Coach Dorner said the Lady Cats will play a warm up match for the bi-district playoffs Friday at 4:30 p.m. at home against Paris. The Lady Cats are expected to face either Hallsville or Whitehouse in a bi-district playoff match next week.
- Deputies Found 2 Baggies Of Methamphetamine While Serving A Felony Warrant
- Sulphur Springs Middle School Football Coach Eddie Flores Reports 1-1 Record Tuesday Night
- Oct. 28 COVID-19 Update: 37 New Cases, 2 Fatalities, 236 Active Cases
- Wildcats Football Head Coach Discusses Upcoming North Forney
- Wildcats Team Tennis Coach Says Too Many Mistakes Hurt In Bi-District Match Loss
- Chamber Connection: Thanks To Stew Contest Sponsors