Lady Cats Volleyball Coach Bailey Dorner said she saw some good things in the Lady Cats 3-2 home loss to Greenville Tuesday night (October 22). She said the Lady Cats fought back from a 2-0 deficit to force a fifth set. Coach Dorner said the Lady Cats just made too many mistakes at the end including some costly missed serves. She said she was proud the team played well noting that they did not play well the first time the two teams met in Greenville. She said her team fought to the end. Concerning what appeared to be a bad official’s call late in set five, Coach Dorner said she does not think that libero Paris Pickett touched a ball that Greenville hit long. A flag official ruled a deflection. Coach Dorner said you have to let kids decide the game adding that was taken away from her team Tuesday night. Team video was said to show no deflection. Coach Dorner said no one saw the deflection except for the flag official. The Lady Cats are in fourth place with a 3-4 district record. Coach Dorner said they have two district games left and they need to win them both to ensure a playoff spot. The Lady Cats play at Mount Pleasant on Friday.
Home » Community Events » Lady Cats Volleyball Coach Disappointed With Loss But Said Team Played Well Tuesday Night
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events
- Jury Panel Summoned to Appear Monday Has Been Cancelled
- SSISD Eligible To Apply For $11.5 Million In Federal ESSER Grant Funding