The Wildcats and Lady Cats Cross Country Teams had one final meet Thursday before their District Meet next Wednesday in Mount Pleasant. The Lady Cats finished fourth out of thirteen teams and the Wildcats were fifth out of 14. The competition took place at Lindale at the old Garden Valley Golf Course. Sulphur Springs Cross Country Coach Ross Hicks said the course was hilly, challenging and perhaps a bit longer than most based of everyone’s times. Coach Hicks said it was a good, hard course. The Lady Cats again were led by their senior Sydney Washburn. Freshman Laney Hurst was fairly close behind. Freshman Mattie Bridges was third. Junior Kenia Herrerra was the fourth Lady Cats finisher and junior Maurie Flecker was fifth. The Wildcats were led by senior Christian Palomino, who finished sixth in the race. Coach Hicks said Palomino would admit his year has been an up and down roller coaster ride, but Hicks said Palomino had his best run of the year Thursday, just in time for district. Sophomore Jose Mejia was next for the Wildcats. Camden Fuller was third for the Wildcats and then came sophomore Evan Patrick and senior Chase Berry. Coach Hicks said his runners have been training to peak at this time of the year.
Home » Headlines » Lady Cats are Fourth and Wildcats Fifth at Final Tune Up Thursday Before District Meet Next Week
- Round 2 of the Jettrim IJSBA World Finals begins October 6
- Ricky Stewart
- Raising Funds for Terrific Tuesdays; September Mini-Walks and The Walk to Remember October 7 on Celebration Plaza
- HCUW 2021-22 Campaign Report Meeting Dates, Goal, Allocations Announced
- HCUW Campaign Workers Kick-Off 2021-22 Campaign With Luncheon
- Data Shows Many Child Car Seats are Misused