Despite an 18-1 loss at Texas High Tuesday, Wildcats Team Tennis Coach Tony Martinez said his players provided better competition this year than they did one year ago. Coach Martinez said he looked over results from last year. He saw a lot of 6-0, 6-0 scores. This year he said there were some 6-4 and 7-5 results. The Wildcats mixed doubles team of Jonah Kirkpatrick and Jeauxleigh Cantu won their match against the Tigers. Coach Martinez told his players to play their best and try to win some games. He said the Wildcats improved by leaps and bounds against the Tigers this year. Coach Martinez acknowledged Texas High is still a great team. Despite the Wildcats 1-2 district record, they will be heavily favored against Mount Pleasant next Tuesday at the Wildcat Tennis Center. Royse City is not fielding a team this season. The Wildcats should end district play as the district’s #3 seed in the playoffs. Coach Martinez said possible bi-district match ups are with teams they have already played this season, Hallsville or Jacksonville. The Wildcats bi-district match is expected to take place October 15.
Home » Community Events » Wildcats Team Tennis Coach Tony Martinez Says His Team Was More Competitive With Strong Texas High Team Tuesday
- Thirteen Men Arrested On Felony Warrants Over Past Week By Local Authorities
- 2021 New Landowner Program Series: Pond Management
- Final Public Hearings For Budget, Tax Rate, Master Fee Schedule To Be Held At 7:30 p.m. City Council Meeting
- Student Activity at the Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs Center
- Judy Mills
- Lady Cats Volleyball in Longview For Fourth District Match On Gameday Tuesday