Wildcats Team Tennis had a team full of success stories in a 15-4 district win at Greenville Tuesday. The Wildcats won 5 of 7 doubles matches, 5 of 6 boys singles matches and 5 of 6 girls singles matches. Wildcats Tennis Coach Tony Martinez called it a team effort. Due to the state of the district, the win puts the Wildcats into position for a third place finish and a playoff spot. Royse City does not have a team and Mount Pleasant’s team is short quite a few players. Those are the two teams the Wildcats have left after a trip to perennial district champ Texas High next Tuesday. Coach Martinez said he told his team to be more aggressive at Greenville Tuesday and he said they did that. He praised Harleigh Stegient for getting a come back 9-7 win in singles and teaming with Emily Dick to win a doubles match. Jeauxleigh Cantu came back from injury and won in singles and in mixed doubles with Jonah Kirkpatrick. Coach Martinez was also pleased with freshman Trynity Luckett’s 8-4 win in girls singles and her 8-4 victory in girls doubles with Paige Miesse. Coach Martinez also liked Savannah Lilley’s 8-5 girls singles win. He said he would have liked to see better serving and improved net play by his girls. They will need all of that against Texas High next Tuesday. Coach Martinez said he just wanted his players to compete against the Tigers. He said that’s all that a coach can ask.
Home » Headlines » Wildcats Team Tennis 15-4 District Win at Greenville was a Team Effort According to Coach Martinez
- Hospital District Board To Consider Setting FY 2021-22 Tax Rate, Budget On Sept. 28
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of September 27, 2021
- Sixth Hopkins County COVID Fatality Reported For September
- Wildcats Football Struggles Against Top-10 Ennis Lions
- Hopkins County Records – Sept. 24, 2021
- I-30 Traffic Stop Results In Discovery Of Pipe And Methamphetamine, Arrest