Wildcats Defensive Coordinator Alex Guerra said the Wildcats’ defense enjoyed their bottling up the Terrell Wing-T offense Friday night. But he said after they savored some moments, he told them to forget it and begin to concentrate on the Royse City Bulldogs’ offense coming to Gerald Prim Stadium Friday night on Homecoming. Coach Guerra said he was pleased with last Friday’s play by his defense and he added they worked hard all week to make it happen. He said they did their assignments, were patient, made great reads and played aggressive football. He added he was proud of their effort. Coach Guerra said defensive lineman D’Andre Peoples had a breakout game. He added he was excited by the play of outside linebacker Aidan Walker. He said outside linebacker Cameron Hargrave played well also and he said outside linebacker Kylan Wade played aggressively and caused a fumble with a big hit. Now the Wildcats’ defense is preparing for a much improved Royse City offense this year. Coach Guerra said they are solid, well coached and they move around a lot using lots of formations. He said they still prefer to run the football running 70% of the time. But Coach Guerra said they also throw the ball well when they try it. He said the Bulldogs use two quarterbacks adding that both are effective. They are good scramblers. They also have good receivers and running backs. The Bulldogs have benefited from two move ins from Lancaster. Coach’s son Peyton Petroff has been moved to slot receiver a lot. Coach Guerra said he is also impressed with running back Bryce Martinez who he said is getting better all the time. Again Coach Guerra liked the results last Friday but now he said the Wildcats’ defenders must do it again against Royse City.
Home » Community Events » Wildcats Defensive Coordinator Proud of Defensive Effort Against Wing-T Now Has Players Thinking About Royse City Offense
- Hopkins County Commissioners Court To Consider Bridge Funding Agreements With TxDOT
- Passenger In A Vehicle Involved In Fatal Crash Jailed On Unrelated Warrant
- Complaint Of Suspected Narcotic Use Around Kids Results In Arrest
- 2 New COVID-19 Cases in Hopkins County Reported On Memorial Day
- Young Cancer Patient Gets a Memorable Trip Home with Large Motorcycle Escort
- Meal A Day Menu For May 25-29, 2020
Ye Olde KSST Poll
When Will You Feel Okay Traveling On A Vacation Again ?
- I would go now if I could. (31%)
- I would go once we have a vaccine for COVID-19 (19%)
- I will probably wait another month. (15%)
- I may not travel until summer of 2021 (15%)
- I don't know if I will ever feel comfortable traveling again. (12%)
- Maybe when the government gives the "all clear" (8%)
Thanks for voting!