The Sulphur Bluff Lady Bears Volleyball Team got a big district win over Clarksville Friday (September 20), 3-0. The score was 25-12, 25-8 and 25-19. The win was the Lady Bears second in district play and put them in a second place tie with James Bowie in the district standings. Avery is in first place. Against Clarksville, Alley Collett had 14 service points, 1 kill and 22 assists. Jada Wade had 5 service points and a kill. Ann Dorner had 14 service points, 6 kills and 1 assist. Dalena Di Donato had 2 service points and 6 kills. Hannah Byrd had 11 service points. Angel Brown had 4 service points. Skylar Stanley had 6 kills. Tori Raine had 3 kills. C.J. Johnson had 2 kills. Lady Bears Coach Zandra Peyton said Clarksville struggled to make passes to their setter, which changed the tempo of the game. She said the Lady Bears did a good job at controlling the tempo of the game in the first two sets. Coach Peyton said in the third set, the Lady Bears slowed their game down and had several errors from not moving as quickly as they normally do. Sulphur Bluff has a bye Tuesday. On Friday they play at James Bowie.
Home » Headlines » Sulphur Bluff Lady Bears Volleyball Team Gets District Win Over Clarksville Friday
- Meal A Day Menu For June 21-25, 2021
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 21, 2021
- Reception for Retiring Carolyn McKinney Held Friday at SW Dairy Museum
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS