The Sulphur Bluff Lady Bears Varsity and JV teams won matches at Rivercrest Tuesday (September 17). Head Volleyball Coach Zandra Peyton said the Lady Bears Varsity played great. She said they had a little trouble getting the ball to the target in each set but played together to make plays. Coach Peyton said the Lady Bears did a good job of hitting the ball to locations that took Rivercrest out of their system, The Lady Bears won 3-1 by the score of 25-23, 25-21, 21-25 and 25-20. Hannah Byrd led Sulphur Bluff with 15 service points. Coach Peyton said Rivercrest actually called time out twice during one of Byrd’s long runs of serve. Skylar Stanley had 10 kills and 2 blocks. Alley Collett had 8 service points, 28 assists and 2 blocks. Dalena Wilkins had 3 service points, 6 kills and one block. Ann Dorner had 11 service points and 7 kills. Cierra Johnson had 2 service points and 3 kills. Angel Brown had 4 service points. Tori Raine had 2 service points and 4 kills. Jada Wade had 2 kills. The Sulphur Bluff JV won over Rivercrest, 2-1. They lost the first set 18-25 but then rallied to win the match, 25-22 and 25-21. For the Sulphur Bluff JV, Lydia Drummond led the team with 9 kills and 12 service points with zero serving errors and solid passing in all three sets. Taylor Wallis had 9 service points and 2 kills while also leading the team in assists. Bailey Neal had 3 kills and 8 service points. Molly Kelley had 5 service points and 4 assists. Allie Eason had 2 service points and 4 kills. Destiny Johnson had 4 service points. Jasmin Wade and Kennedy Lambert had one kill each.
- Hopkins County Commissioners Court To Consider Bridge Funding Agreements With TxDOT
- Passenger In A Vehicle Involved In Fatal Crash Jailed On Unrelated Warrant
- Complaint Of Suspected Narcotic Use Around Kids Results In Arrest
- 2 New COVID-19 Cases in Hopkins County Reported On Memorial Day
- Young Cancer Patient Gets a Memorable Trip Home with Large Motorcycle Escort
- Meal A Day Menu For May 25-29, 2020
Ye Olde KSST Poll
When Will You Feel Okay Traveling On A Vacation Again ?
- I would go now if I could. (31%)
- I would go once we have a vaccine for COVID-19 (19%)
- I will probably wait another month. (15%)
- I may not travel until summer of 2021 (15%)
- I don't know if I will ever feel comfortable traveling again. (12%)
- Maybe when the government gives the "all clear" (8%)
Thanks for voting!