Last year the Lady Cats did not have enough golfers to have a team for competition. Girls were required to compete only as individuals. Coach Whitney Spigener has three Lady Cats returning and she has added three new golfers to give her more than enough for a team this year. The Lady Cats played their first tournament of the year Monday (September 23) at Watters Creek Golf Course in Allen. The tournament was sponsored by Lovejoy. After a mostly cold spring earlier this year, the Lady Cats played in the heat Monday. Junior Mariam Tran finished fourth in the tournament with an 84. Coach Spigener said her round included three double bogeys. She said without those Tran could have finished second. Lady Cats returnee Addison White shot 108. Coach Spigener said Addison was on pace to break 100 but the effects of the heat and the long, slow play got to her. She said her new golfers, junior Makayla Pullen, freshman Mykylie Meador and freshman Maddie Schmidt, impressed her with their competitiveness and their desire to get better. Veteran Lady Cat Golfer Charleigh Potts is currently facing some medical issues according to Coach Spigener, who said she expects her back soon. The Lady Cats will play their second and final fall golf tournament on October 14 at the Sulphur Springs Country Club.
Home » Community Events » Lady Cats Have Golf Team Again, Played First Fall Tournament Monday at Allen
- With 958 Texas Deaths in 2020, Local MADD Event Rounds Up Support for Mothers Against Drunk (and Drugged) Driving Campaign
- Lady Cats Volleyball, Wildcats Team Tennis in Hallsville For Game Day Tuesday
- 4-H Week and Food Drive
- Chamber Connection – Final Call For Stew Cooks To Get Registration Forms In For Stew Contest
- Commissions Court Agrees To Supply 2 Semi Loads Of Crossties For NETEX rail line
- Texas Ranger Ticket Giveaway – Last of 2021 Season