In their first time to run at Mineola, the Lady Cats Cross Country Team took first place while the Wildcats were fourth on Friday (August 30). Wildcats and Lady Cats Cross Country Coach Ross Hicks said it was a great meet for his teams and he added he was pleased with their results. Coach Hicks said all nine of his Lady Cats ran season bests in the 5K race of Class 6A and Class 5A schools. Senior Sydney Washburn was the top finisher for the Lady Cats. Coach Hicks said Washburn ran almost a minute faster than she did last week. Right behind Washburn were a pair of freshmen. Laney Hurst finished fourth overall and Maddie Bridges fifth. Freshman Makayla Jimmerson was ninth overall. Junior Maurie Flecker was the next finisher for the Lady Cats. The Wildcats were fourth among 15 teams. Top Wildcats finisher was senior Christian Palomino who was third overall. Sophomore Jose Mejia was the next Wildcat to finish. Then came junior Camden Fuller, senior Kevin Yanez and sophomore Evan Patrick. The Wildcats and Lady Cats will run next at a UT Tyler Meet on Saturday. Coach Hicks said the field would include strong Class 6A and Class 5A competitors from East Texas.
- Thomas “T.D.” Potter
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 14, 2021
- Criminal Trespassing Complaint At Walmart Results In Controlled Substance, Warrant Arrest
- Aiguier Cemetery Association Officers, Perpetual Care Board Elected
- Senator Hall Gives Update On How Priorities, Bills Fared During 87th Legislative Session
- Hopkins County Records – June 11, 2021