Sulphur Springs Cross Country Coach Ross Hicks decided to forego a Saturday meet in McKinney and instead his Wildcats and Lady Cats ran at a Pine Tree meet on Friday (September 20). Coach Hicks said the Pine Tree was very wet and sloppy. The Lady Cats ended up tied for first place with Nacogdoches. Nacogdoches took first in a tiebreaker by having the better finish for their sixth place girl. The Wildcats were seventh. Senior Sydney Washburn led the Lady Cats closely followed by freshman Laney Hurst. Next for the Lady Cats were freshman Mattie Bridges, freshman Makayla Jimmeron and Kenia Herrera. The Wildcats were led by sophomore Jose Mejia. Coach Hicks said he had one of his best races but not quite his best. Usual top Wildcat finisher senior Christian Palomino was next for the Wildcats. Coach Hicks said Palomino had a rough week but he said he expected him to bounce back at a Mount Pleasant meet this Saturday. Next for the Wildcats were junior Camden Fuller, sophomore Evan Patrick and senior Chase Berry.
Home » Headlines » Lady Cats are Second and Wildcats Seventh at Muddy Pine Tree Cross Country Meet Last Friday
- Sheriff’s Office Asks For Help For Deputy Whose Home Was Damaged By Fire
- Pittsburg Man In Custody On Warrants For Violating Probation, Parole
- Melba Knight
- Commerce Woman Jailed On Aggravated Assault Warrant
- 2 Sulphur Springs Men Arrested For Aggravated Robbery
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of September 28, 2020