During Wildcats Football Coach Greg Owens weekly media gathering Wednsday (September 4), he said losing was a humbling experience that knocked down some of the players a bit. He said some players are being told they have to step up. Obviously videotape showed lots of things that need to be improved upon. Coach Owens said Frisco Wakeland was the type of team that makes you pay when you make mistakes. He called the Wakeland loss a wake up call. Coach Owens added the players focus has been great this week at practice. He called the Wildcats a work in progress adding they are still trying to figure out who they are. Coach Owens said some good things did happen during last week’s game. He called Friday night’s opponent Lovejoy smart and disciplined. He said they play hard. But Coach Owens biggest impression from scouting Lovejoy last Saturday was how large they are in the offensive and defensive lines. He said they are much bigger than Wakeland. Lovejoy is also 0-1 losing 13-10 to Colleyville Heritage last Saturday. Coach Owens said Lovejoy appears to pass first to set up the run. He said the Leopards feature a good running quarterback. Coach Owens said Lovejoy has plays designed for him to run. He called the Leopards’ defense scrappy. Coach Owens said he wants to win but perhaps more important for the long run is for the Wildcats to focus on getting better for district games.
Home » Headlines » Coach Owens Comments on the Wildcats and Lovejoy Leopards at His Weekly Media Gathering
- Business History: Mattison Insurance Agency-Here When You Need It!
- Hopkins County Commissioners Court Sept. 27, 2021, Regular Meeting Agenda
- Meal A Day Menu For Sept. 27-Oct. 1, 2021
- Hospital District Board To Consider Setting FY 2021-22 Tax Rate, Budget On Sept. 28
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of September 27, 2021
- Sixth Hopkins County COVID Fatality Reported For September