The Lady Cats Cross Country Team finished fourth and the Wildcats took eleventh at a Commerce cross country meet this past Saturday (August 24). Sulphur Springs Cross Country Coach Ross Hicks said the Lady Cats ran in a seven team field of Class 5A and 6A schools. Lady Cats senior Sydney Washburn placed ninth and Laney Hurst was twelfth. Both received medals. Other top Lady Cats included junior Maurie Flecker, and two freshmen, Makayla Jimmerson and Maddie Bridges. Coach Hicks said he took eight girls to the meet and six of them were running their first real varsity run. The Wildcats finished eleventh out of 29 team that included almost 200 runners from all classifications. Coach Hicks said senior Christian Palomino got boxed in at the start with the large field but still managed to finish ninth. Coach Hicks said Palomino’s time this year was quite a bit faster than last year at this meet. Jose Mejia was the second Wildcat finisher and Coach Hicks said his time was about a minute faster than last year. The next two Wildcats finishers were Camden Fuller and Evan Patrick. Coach Hicks said he was excited by some of his young Lady Cats. He added the Wildcats need some of their younger guys to step up this season. The Wildcats and Lady Cats will compete at a Mineola meet on Friday.
Home » Headlines » Lady Cats are Fourth and Wildcats are Eleventh at Commerce Cross Country Meet Saturday
- Beaumont Woman Jailed On Felony Theft Charge
- Richardson Man Arrested In Dallas On Hopkins County Warrant
- Lady Cats Golfer Mariam Tran Finishes State Golf Tournament Just 3 Over Par
- Sulphur Springs School Boards Approves Coaches Changes Submitted by AD Greg Owens
- Lady Cats Softball Fans Note Time Change for Regional Quarterfinal Playoff Game 1 Wednesday
- Wildcats Head Basketball Coach Clark Cipoletta Heading to Allen