J.D. Wolverton, age 83, passed away on Thursday, June 13th, 2019 in Winnsboro. He was born on August 27th, 1935 in Ector, Texas to the late Robert Wolverton and Delia Wolverton. He was veteran of the United States Military and a retired Carpenter. He is survived by his stepsons, James and wife, Carol Scott of Winnsboro, Ray and wife, Freddie Scott of Pickton and daughter, Martha and husband, Keith Lutsko of Glennpool, OK. Graveside Service will be held on Friday, June 14th, 2019 at Hopewell Cemetery CR 4870 Winnsboro, TX 75494 at 2:00 pm, Rev. James Scott conducting, interment will follow at Hopewell Cemetery in Winnsboro.
- Lady Cats Golfer Mariam Tran Plays at the Two-Day Regional Golf Tournament in Rockwall
- Quitman Resident Arrested In Rains County On Hopkins County Warrants
- SSHS Literary Criticism Team Wins Regional Championship, 5 Wildcat Academic UIL Competitors Advance To State
- Wildcats Tennis Team Gets Consolation Wins at District Tennis Tourney as Future Looks Bright
- Early Voting Begins Today In Yantis, Como-Pickton Trustees Elections
- Texas Ranger Ticket Giveaways Start Next Week