At the end of day one of the three day Girls Softball Camp Monday (June 10) in the Multipurpose Building, Lady Cats Softball Coach David Carrillo pronounced it awesome. He said numbers were good from the youngest first grader to those who will attend high school this fall. Coach Carrillo said he saw some good things from the campers. He said he saw lots of enthusiasm and a passion for the game. Coach Carrillo said he really enjoys the youngest campers noting they are fun to watch. This is his thirteenth camp and he said he has seen some players attend his camp quite a few years in a row. Sierra Smith is a senior who graduated this past school year. Coach Carrillo said he still remembers her as one of his young campers. He said he can spot some girls’ talent early. He credits parents for helping those girls develop skills early. Graduating senior Lady Cat Brinklee Driver assisted Coach Carrillo with camp Monday. He said Driver was very good with kids. Softball assistants Chris Valdovinos and Bailey Dorner also are helping out with the camp that runs through Wednesday afternoon.
Wildcat Football On KSST
- Obituary — Patricia Sparkman Plunkett
- Hopkins County United Way 2022-2023 Campaign Off To Great Start
- Pursuit Of Stolen Vehicle Spans 2 Counties Concludes With Collision
- Friends of the Rains County Public Library BOOK SALE
- Volleyball Hits the Road Again Friday To End First Half of District Play
- Food Safety Year-Round