The Wildcats’ football team is just a little bit past the midway point of Spring Football workouts. After Monday’s (May 6) session, Head Football Coach Greg Owens said he was not happy with Monday workouts. He said teaching was going on but he said players were dragging with not much fire or energy. Still Coach Owens said generally good stuff was happening. He said players were learning and were getting valuable reps. He said the players had been divided into two groups based on their age and experience level to avoid mismatches. Coach Owens said he could see progress. He is also beginning to mix in special teams stuff. Coach Owens said Monday they worked on extra point kicking, field goals, punting and kick offs. Large parts of practice are videotaped and he said video sessions afterward with the players are very productive.
- Parents Invited Aug. 3 To Meet New Como-Pickton Elementary & Jr. High Principals
- SSHS Device Pick Up Schedule, Freshman Orientation, Senior Credit Review Dates Set
- Sulphur Springs Man Allegedly Choked His Girlfriend Twice
- Active COVID-19 Case Count In Hopkins County On The Rise
- The Sulphur Springs Community Players Will Hold Auditions for ‘Charley’s Aunt’ on August 8-10th
- Robert “Rip” Vanwinkle