Unless you win the State Championship, your season always ends too soon. That’s something Wildcats Baseball Coach Jerrod Hammack truly believes. Coach Hammack was on KSST Radio and Cable Channel 18’s Saturday Morning (May 18) Coaches Show. The Wildcats’ baseball team had their season end the Saturday before as Joshua took game three in the best two out of three Area round series in Rockwall, 3-1. Coach Hammack said the loss was a hard one to get over. He said Pacen Edwards pitched a strong game allowing only two hits and a single earned run. Two more Joshua runs came in due to three Wildcats’ errors. There were also some base running mishaps for the Wildcats. Coach Hammack said he felt the Wildcats were good enough to win the series. He said he also felt the Wildcats would have matched up well in the next round against Corsicana. Coach Hammack called his nine senior players a special group. He talked about all nine of his seniors. He said he couldn’t be prouder of the team that could have quit when they were 2-8 in district play and in the cellar. Coach Hammack said coaches remained positive and he said there was no quit in the players who he said stayed on an even-keel even during the hard times. He is optimistic about next year’s team with two quality pitchers, Will Sims and Jaxon Chaney, returning along with hustling second baseman Kolson Hale and members of a good, solid JV team.
- Complaint Of Naked Man In Car Results In
- I-30 Traffic Stop In Cumby Yields Methamphetamine, Marijuana Pipe, 2 Arrests
- Channel 18 News: Monday, June 17, 2019
- Channel 18 J.D. Franklin: Monday, June 17, 2019
- MADD: Win a Smoker and Trailer Friday
- Wildcats 7 on 7 Football Team Comes Close To Qualifying For State At Tyler Tourney Saturday
- J.D. Franklin Honored At Street Unveiling, Ceremony
- Commissioners Court Agrees to Tax Rebate Program
- 2 Commissioners, Sheriff Announce Plans to Seek Reelection
- Metro Diner Suffers Minor Damage From Car Jumping Curb
Ye Olde KSST Poll
My plans to take part in the Dairy Festival...
- Have not changed! (54%)
- Wasn't planing on going anyway. (36%)
- I'm out, I dont like confrontation. (9%)
- I might stay at home and see how the first few events go... (1%)
Thanks for voting!