Funeral services for Mamie Leona Moreland, age 104 of Yantis, will be conducted at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, May 4, 2019 at West Oaks Funeral Home Chapel with Rev. Byron George officiating. Interment will follow at Yantis Cemetery with Jeffery Wayne Burgess, Terry Ray Moreland, Larry Ponder, Ronny Moreland, Michael Ponder, Tim Ponder, Kevin Moreland, T. J. Moreland and Joshua Moreland serving as pallbearers. Visitation will be from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Friday, May 3, 2019 at West Oaks Funeral Home. Mamie passed away on Monday, April 29, 2019 at her residence surrounded by her loved ones. Mamie was born on August 1, 1914 in Yantis, TX, the daughter of Albert L. Pritchett and Mary Lula McGlaughlin Pritchett. She married Travis Lee Morland on July 31, 1937 in Sulphur Springs and he preceded her in death. Mamie was a caregiver and a member of Midway Full Gospel Church in Yantis. She loved her Lord, enjoyed singing, cooking and crocheting and loved her family above all. She is survived by sons, Rayburn Moreland and wife Peggy of Sulphur Springs, Marcus Moreland and wife Joni of Yantis, daughters, Juanita Burgess and husband Autry and Joyce Ponder all of Yantis. brothers, Dewitt Pritchett and Bill of Nash, TX, and Billy Pritchett and wife Barbara of Sulphur Springs, 11 grandchildren, 30 great-grandchildren and 23 great-great grandchildren along with numerous nieces, nephews, and a host of friends. Along with her husband she was preceded in death by her parents, 4 brothers, 1 sister, 3 grandchildren, and 3 great-grandchildren.
- Lady Cats Golfer Mariam Tran Plays at the Two-Day Regional Golf Tournament in Rockwall
- Quitman Resident Arrested In Rains County On Hopkins County Warrants
- SSHS Literary Criticism Team Wins Regional Championship, 5 Wildcat Academic UIL Competitors Advance To State
- Wildcats Tennis Team Gets Consolation Wins at District Tennis Tourney as Future Looks Bright
- Early Voting Begins Today In Yantis, Como-Pickton Trustees Elections
- Texas Ranger Ticket Giveaways Start Next Week