Funeral services for Mamie Leona Moreland, age 104 of Yantis, will be conducted at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, May 4, 2019 at West Oaks Funeral Home Chapel with Rev. Byron George officiating. Interment will follow at Yantis Cemetery with Jeffery Wayne Burgess, Terry Ray Moreland, Larry Ponder, Ronny Moreland, Michael Ponder, Tim Ponder, Kevin Moreland, T. J. Moreland and Joshua Moreland serving as pallbearers. Visitation will be from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Friday, May 3, 2019 at West Oaks Funeral Home. Mamie passed away on Monday, April 29, 2019 at her residence surrounded by her loved ones. Mamie was born on August 1, 1914 in Yantis, TX, the daughter of Albert L. Pritchett and Mary Lula McGlaughlin Pritchett. She married Travis Lee Morland on July 31, 1937 in Sulphur Springs and he preceded her in death. Mamie was a caregiver and a member of Midway Full Gospel Church in Yantis. She loved her Lord, enjoyed singing, cooking and crocheting and loved her family above all. She is survived by sons, Rayburn Moreland and wife Peggy of Sulphur Springs, Marcus Moreland and wife Joni of Yantis, daughters, Juanita Burgess and husband Autry and Joyce Ponder all of Yantis. brothers, Dewitt Pritchett and Bill of Nash, TX, and Billy Pritchett and wife Barbara of Sulphur Springs, 11 grandchildren, 30 great-grandchildren and 23 great-great grandchildren along with numerous nieces, nephews, and a host of friends. Along with her husband she was preceded in death by her parents, 4 brothers, 1 sister, 3 grandchildren, and 3 great-grandchildren.
- Dinner Bell Menu For June 26th, 2019
- A Gift From WoodmenLife
- Mr. Bill Walker
- Loyd Cullen Tucker
- Wildcats 7 on 7 Football Season Ends With One Point Loss at State Qualifier Tourney in Rowlett Friday
- Channel 18 News: Monday, June 24, 2019
- PJC Students Make the President’s and Dean’s List
- Hopkins County Hospital District June 24 Agenda
- Criminal Mischief Reported At 3 Local Businesses
- Natali Marie Lawson
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Using old tires for road construction...
- Seems like a great idea! (48%)
- I'm for trying anything! (19%)
- It's been tried before... and it didn't really work. (13%)
- Tires are waste and should not be spread around the county. (10%)
- I'd have some tires I'd like to donate! (10%)
Thanks for voting!