In a game that went back and forth, the Saltillo Lady Lions’ softball team dropped a hard fought game to Detroit, 11-9 in Detroit Tuesday (April 9). Detroit led 1-0 after two innings. Saltillo tied it at 1-1 in the third but Detroit went up 5-1 in the bottom of the third. The Lady Lions scored three runs in the fourth and two more in the fifth to go up 6-5. Detroit had a four run bottom of the fifth to go back ahead 9-6. Saltillo rallied again with three runs in the top of the sixth to tie the game 9-9. Detroit scored two in the bottom of the sixth to lead 11-9. When Saltillo did not score in the seventh inning, Detroit had an 11-9 win. Chandler Bain got the pitching loss for Saltillo with seven strikeouts and seven walks. For the Lady Lions, Bain was 2 for 5 with two triples. Josey Bench was 2 for 3 with two singles and two walks. Paisley Kastner was 1 for 2 with a double and two walks. Anna Reeder was 1 for 3 with a double and two walks. McKenna Gurley was 2 for 4 with two singles. Brittney Peeples was 2 for 4 with a double and two walks. The Lady Lions are now 2-7 for the season. Saltillo will play at Sulphur Bluff Thursday at 4:30 p.m.
- Methamphetamine, THC Oil Found During Traffic Stop
- Investigation of Suspicious Activity Results In 2 Arrests
- Las Lecheras Meet Whipped Challenge With Creative Dishes
- Sulphur Springs Man Accused of Intoxication, Cocaine Possession
- Hopkins County Records for the Week of June 14, 2019
- Paris District Road Report for the week of June 17, 2019
- ‘A Living Legacy’ Celebration Honoring J.D. Franklin To Be Held Monday, June 17, At Morning Chapel MBC
- Channel 18 News: Friday, June 14, 2019
- Wildcats Varsity 7 on 7 Football Team Plays in State Qualifier Tournament Saturday in Tyler
- PJC Sulphur Springs Truck Driving School
Ye Olde KSST Poll
My plans to take part in the Dairy Festival...
- Have not changed! (54%)
- Wasn't planing on going anyway. (36%)
- I'm out, I dont like confrontation. (9%)
- I might stay at home and see how the first few events go... (1%)
Thanks for voting!