In a game that went back and forth, the Saltillo Lady Lions’ softball team dropped a hard fought game to Detroit, 11-9 in Detroit Tuesday (April 9). Detroit led 1-0 after two innings. Saltillo tied it at 1-1 in the third but Detroit went up 5-1 in the bottom of the third. The Lady Lions scored three runs in the fourth and two more in the fifth to go up 6-5. Detroit had a four run bottom of the fifth to go back ahead 9-6. Saltillo rallied again with three runs in the top of the sixth to tie the game 9-9. Detroit scored two in the bottom of the sixth to lead 11-9. When Saltillo did not score in the seventh inning, Detroit had an 11-9 win. Chandler Bain got the pitching loss for Saltillo with seven strikeouts and seven walks. For the Lady Lions, Bain was 2 for 5 with two triples. Josey Bench was 2 for 3 with two singles and two walks. Paisley Kastner was 1 for 2 with a double and two walks. Anna Reeder was 1 for 3 with a double and two walks. McKenna Gurley was 2 for 4 with two singles. Brittney Peeples was 2 for 4 with a double and two walks. The Lady Lions are now 2-7 for the season. Saltillo will play at Sulphur Bluff Thursday at 4:30 p.m.
- 2 Women, 2 Men Jailed On Felony Warrants
- Investigation Into Stolen Firearms Results Location Of Methamphetamine, Warrant Arrest
- Uplift Education Renews Partnership with A&M-Commerce
- Securities Commissioner Enters Disciplinary Order Fining Waxahachie Investment Company
- Canceled: No Jury Duty Monday Morning At Civic Center
- End of July Also Marks End of Off-Season Activities for Sulphur Springs Sports Teams