Talk about a great start. The North Hopkins Panthers scored 15 runs in the bottom of the first to lead the Hornets, 15-0 after one inning on their way to a 19-0 win Tuesday (April 9). The Panthers added three runs in the second and one more run in the third. The Panthers had 15 hits. Meanwhile Panthers’ pitchers Caleb Wyatt and Wyatt Wharton combined to throw a one-hit shutout in a game that only went 3 ½ innings. Wyatt got the pitching win allowing no hits or runs over two innings with five strikeouts and no walks. Wharton also pitched two innings allowing one hit and no runs with five strikeouts and no walks. Jagger Qualis got the Hornets hit, a single in the top of the fourth inning. Qualis took the pitching loss for Miller Grove. For the Panthers, Wyatt was 2 for 4 with a double, two runs scored and two RBIs. Wharton was 2 for 3 with a double, three runs scored and two RBIs. Victor Rojo was 1 for 3 with an RBI. Branson Thomas was 2 for 2 with two runs scored and two RBIs. Brycen Gillespie was 2 for 2 with two runs scored and two RBIs. Geoffrey Stewart was 1 for 1 with a triple, a run scored and three RBIs. Kevin Clement was 1 for 2 with two runs scored and an RBI.
- Jason Ray Bailey
- GoFundMe Set Up for Sulphur Springs Native
- Detroit Woman Claimed Couple Had Permission To Leave Store Without Paying
- Cumby ISD Recognizes Principals
- 48 Percent Of All COVID-19 Cases In Hopkins County Are In Adults Age 51 and Older
- Oct. 29 COVID-19 Update: 5 Fatalities, 4 New Cases, 81 Recoveries Reported For Hopkins County