Talk about a great start. The North Hopkins Panthers scored 15 runs in the bottom of the first to lead the Hornets, 15-0 after one inning on their way to a 19-0 win Tuesday (April 9). The Panthers added three runs in the second and one more run in the third. The Panthers had 15 hits. Meanwhile Panthers’ pitchers Caleb Wyatt and Wyatt Wharton combined to throw a one-hit shutout in a game that only went 3 ½ innings. Wyatt got the pitching win allowing no hits or runs over two innings with five strikeouts and no walks. Wharton also pitched two innings allowing one hit and no runs with five strikeouts and no walks. Jagger Qualis got the Hornets hit, a single in the top of the fourth inning. Qualis took the pitching loss for Miller Grove. For the Panthers, Wyatt was 2 for 4 with a double, two runs scored and two RBIs. Wharton was 2 for 3 with a double, three runs scored and two RBIs. Victor Rojo was 1 for 3 with an RBI. Branson Thomas was 2 for 2 with two runs scored and two RBIs. Brycen Gillespie was 2 for 2 with two runs scored and two RBIs. Geoffrey Stewart was 1 for 1 with a triple, a run scored and three RBIs. Kevin Clement was 1 for 2 with two runs scored and an RBI.
Dan Flynn – 2nd Amendment
- 536 In-Person Ballots Cast In Hopkins County During First 4 Days Of Early Voting In Primary Runoff Elections
- Meal A Day Menu for July 6-10, 2020
- July 4th Baseball Tourney At Coleman Park
- Simple Pleasures: Celebrating July 4th, 2020
- Free Walk-Up COVID-19 Testing Offered July 8
- Hopkins County Records — July 4, 2020
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Do you agree with the City of Sulphur Springs decision to cancel 4th of July Celebrations? (pick up to two)
- Yes (58%)
- No (23%)
- The decision was fair. (10%)
- I wasn't going anyway. (7%)
- The decision was unfair. (1%)
Thanks for voting!