Lady Cats Softball Coach David Carrillo said his team’s 3-1 loss to Mount Pleasant served as a wake up call for his team. Since the March 29 loss, the Lady Cats have won three straight games with double digit hits in each game. The Lady Cats used 14 hits Tuesday night to defeat Greenville, 11-3 in Greenville. Coach Carrillo said his team hit the ball much better than they did in the Greenville game on March 22 at Lady Cat Park, a 4-0 win. Freshman pitcher Addison Caddell took a no-hitter into the sixth inning Tuesday night and ended up with a three hitter. She did this while not feeling well according to Coach Carrillo. Also Tuesday Mount Pleasant was upset by Texas High, 2-1. Third place Lindale surprisingly lost big to Royse City, 11-1. The Lady Cats are all alone in first place with their 6-1 record. Those odd results Tuesday have Coach Carrillo telling the Lady Cats that they can’t let upsets happen to them and they must play with a sense of urgency in their remaining district games. They have three games left in district. They host Lindale Friday and Mount Pleasant next Tuesday and then close at Texas High on April 18. Eight big days ahead for the Lady Cats.
- Two Former Wildcats Players Have Selected New Basketball Homes
- Wildcats Golfer Kip Childress Completes Day One of Regional Golf Tourney With Score of 78
- Mistrial Declared In Voyeurism, Home Burglary Cases
- Burnett, Snyder Win Top Honors In SkillsUSA Texas Automotive Service Technology Contest
- James D. Shelton
- Miller Grove Cemetery Memorial Day Service