The Lady Cats’ softball team is in the thick of things for a possible district championship. The Lady Cats are tied for first place with Mount Pleasant and both teams have 5-1 district records. The Lady Cats are 19-5 for the season. With their win last Friday, the Lady Cats clinched a playoff spot for their twelfth straight year. On this game day Tuesday (April 9), the Lady Cats travel to Greenville. There will be a JV game at 5 p.m. The varsity game follows at 6:30 p.m. Lady Cats Softball Coach David Carrillo has respect for Greenville pitcher Katie Shaw who has been tough on the Lady Cats in some past games. However he says the Lady Cats seem to play better against the Lady Lions in Greenville than they do at home. The Lady Cats did beat Greenville at Lady Cat Park in the first half of district play back on March 21, 4-0. Bailey Haggerty pitched a two-hit shutout. Coach Carrillo says he wants the Lady Cats to go over to Greenville and take care of business. He says another factor for the Tuesday game will be the testing scheduled that day. He adds that’s something that impacts all the teams in Texas.
- 2 Women, 2 Men Jailed On Felony Warrants
- Investigation Into Stolen Firearms Results Location Of Methamphetamine, Warrant Arrest
- Uplift Education Renews Partnership with A&M-Commerce
- Securities Commissioner Enters Disciplinary Order Fining Waxahachie Investment Company
- Canceled: No Jury Duty Monday Morning At Civic Center
- End of July Also Marks End of Off-Season Activities for Sulphur Springs Sports Teams