The Sulphur Springs High School UIL Academic Team has an important weekend coming up. Friday and Saturday (April 12-13), the Region UIL Academic Meet will be taking place at Prosper High School. Top individuals and teams will qualify for the State Meets coming up in May. SSHS will be sending 25 students including six teams to Region competition. The six teams are: Accounting with Felipe Alba, Alex Plumley, Daniel Soto and Caleb Yanez, Computer Science with Brayden Fisher, Dakota Soles, Kevin Orozco and Blake Talmage, Current Issues with Brandon Hodges, James Draper, Dakota Soles and Bracken Sant, Literary Criticism with Carissa Carter, Lainey Whittle, Andrew Westlund and Matthew Harper, Social Studies with Brandon Hodges, James Draper, Bracken Sant and Tatum Williams and Spelling and Vocabulary with Dawson Carpenter, Cameron Beard, Gisselle Garcia and Mariam Tran. Other students qualifying are Carissa Carter in Calculator, Angela Brown in Editorial Writing and News Writing, Andrew Westlund in Number Sense, Annmarie Gunn and Breana Wooten in Ready Writing, Peyton Baugh in Science and Rachel Bramlett in Prose Interpretation. The Wildcats were second at the District Meet scoring 462 points.
- Dinner Bell Menu For June 26th, 2019
- A Gift From WoodmenLife
- Mr. Bill Walker
- Loyd Cullen Tucker
- Wildcats 7 on 7 Football Season Ends With One Point Loss at State Qualifier Tourney in Rowlett Friday
- Channel 18 News: Monday, June 24, 2019
- PJC Students Make the President’s and Dean’s List
- Hopkins County Hospital District June 24 Agenda
- Criminal Mischief Reported At 3 Local Businesses
- Natali Marie Lawson
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Using old tires for road construction...
- Seems like a great idea! (48%)
- I'm for trying anything! (19%)
- It's been tried before... and it didn't really work. (13%)
- Tires are waste and should not be spread around the county. (10%)
- I'd have some tires I'd like to donate! (10%)
Thanks for voting!