The Sulphur Springs High School UIL Academic Team has an important weekend coming up. Friday and Saturday (April 12-13), the Region UIL Academic Meet will be taking place at Prosper High School. Top individuals and teams will qualify for the State Meets coming up in May. SSHS will be sending 25 students including six teams to Region competition. The six teams are: Accounting with Felipe Alba, Alex Plumley, Daniel Soto and Caleb Yanez, Computer Science with Brayden Fisher, Dakota Soles, Kevin Orozco and Blake Talmage, Current Issues with Brandon Hodges, James Draper, Dakota Soles and Bracken Sant, Literary Criticism with Carissa Carter, Lainey Whittle, Andrew Westlund and Matthew Harper, Social Studies with Brandon Hodges, James Draper, Bracken Sant and Tatum Williams and Spelling and Vocabulary with Dawson Carpenter, Cameron Beard, Gisselle Garcia and Mariam Tran. Other students qualifying are Carissa Carter in Calculator, Angela Brown in Editorial Writing and News Writing, Andrew Westlund in Number Sense, Annmarie Gunn and Breana Wooten in Ready Writing, Peyton Baugh in Science and Rachel Bramlett in Prose Interpretation. The Wildcats were second at the District Meet scoring 462 points.
- Commerce Tigers Baseball Drops Double-Header to Grand Saline
- DEA ‘Takeback Day’ is Saturday April 24 on Atwoods Parking Lot, Helping Fight Drug Abuse and a National Prescription Drug Crisis
- SSHS Blue Blazes Spring Show Slated April 23-24, 2021
- Wildcats X-Man Xavier Cork is Transferring To TCU
- Margaret Rose Sanders
- Mariam Tran Qualifies for State Golf Tourney, Kip Childress Begins Play at Regional Wednesday