CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL
7 P.M. APRIL 2, 2019
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 2, 2019 in the Council Room at 201 North Davis Street. The following items will be discussed:
Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
- Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
- A. National Service Recognition Day
- Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures, revenues, purchases, and abatement orders.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2743 for a zone change request by owner, Tate Price, for property located at 607 Houston Street, being further described as Lot 23 of Block 16, from Single Family – 6 (SF-6) to Two Family (2F).
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2744 authorizing the issuance and sale of City of Sulphur Springs, Texas Limited Tax Note, Series 2019; to provide funds for the purpose of paying contractual obligations incurred to fund acquisition of equipment and vehicles for municipal departments, renovations of existing municipal buildings and for costs of issuance of the note; bearing interest at the rates hereinafter set forth; prescribing the form of the note, levying ad valorem taxes for the payment of principal and interest on the note; making certain other covenants of the City with respect to the note, the funds from which said note is to be paid and the projects to be funded with the note; authorizing execution of a paying agent/registrar agreement, a purchase agreement for the note and agreements for municipal advisory and bond counsel services; awarding sale of said note; providing an effective date; and enacting other provisions relating thereto.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2745 authorizing the issuance and sale of City of Sulphur Springs, Texas General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2019, to provide funds for the purpose of refunding outstanding obligations of the City issued for various public improvements and for paying costs of issuance of the bonds; bearing interest at the rates hereinafter set forth; prescribing the form of bond; levying ad valorem taxes for payment of principal and interest on the bonds; making certain other covenants of the City in reference to the bonds and the funds from which said bonds are to be paid; authorizing execution of a paying agent/registrar agreement, escrow agreement, bond purchase agreement and agreements for municipal advisory and bond counsel services; awarding sale of said bonds; providing an effective date; and enacting other provisions relating thereto.
- Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for water materials for the Connally Street grant project.
- Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for steel poles for Crosstown Trail project.
- Visitors and public forum.
Consider for approval the regular City Council meeting minutes of March 5, 2019; the special City Council Meeting minutes of March 25, 2019; the Planning and Zoning Commission meeting minutes of November 19, 2018; the Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals meeting minutes of October 16, 2018; the Downtown Revitalization Board meeting minutes of February 12, 2019; and the Economic Development Corporation meeting minutes of February 25, 2019.
The City of Sulphur Springs will provide assistance for the hearing impaired if notice is given to the City Secretary 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Municipal Building. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action, however, following the conclusion of the agenda, anyone may address the Council but Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit his request to the office of the City Secretary by 12:00 noon on the Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); 551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be stated specifically with regard to position) 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).