Sulphur Springs Police officers responded to a call to investigate a vehicle accident on Como St. Saturday afternoon. Officers were made aware that the crash was due to a disturbance that took place between a man and his fiance. Witnesses stated that the man struck the fiance’s vehicle while she was occupying the vehicle. Heavy damage was observed to the fiance’s vehicle and the man, Jonathan Martinez, was booked into jail on the felony 1 charge of Aggravated Assault Family Violence With A Deadly Weapon. Martinez remains in jail Monday morning, as bond has been set at $50,000.
- Wood County Sheriff Report For Aug. 5-11, 2020
- SSISD Trustees Approve 2020-21 General Fund, Debt, Food Service Budgets
- Aug. 13 Hopkins County COVID-19 Update: 7 New Cases, 14 Active Cases
- Joe Dan Van Wey
- Rural Sulphur Springs Man Back In Hopkins County Jail For 2nd Time This Summer
- Brashear Couple Arrested On Criminal Negligence Warrant
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Public Schools in Hopkins County should reopen this fall
- No (39%)
- Yes (34%)
- I have no idea what is best. (16%)
- If they don't.. I want a school tax refund! (11%)
Thanks for voting!