Sulphur Springs Police officers responded to a call to investigate a vehicle accident on Como St. Saturday afternoon. Officers were made aware that the crash was due to a disturbance that took place between a man and his fiance. Witnesses stated that the man struck the fiance’s vehicle while she was occupying the vehicle. Heavy damage was observed to the fiance’s vehicle and the man, Jonathan Martinez, was booked into jail on the felony 1 charge of Aggravated Assault Family Violence With A Deadly Weapon. Martinez remains in jail Monday morning, as bond has been set at $50,000.
- Wildcats Team Tennis Wraps Up District Play With 18-1 Win at Marshall, Playoffs Next
- Hopkins County Oct. 20 COVID-19 Update: 2 Additional Nursing Home Deaths Reported
- Updates Given On SSISD COVID-19 Cases, Enrollment
- At Sulphur Springs Country Club Golf Tourneys Monday, Wildcats Take 1st and Lady Cats are 2nd
- Lady Cats Volleyball and Wildcats Team Tennis Have District matches on Tuesday Game Day
- TxDOT Urges Drivers to ‘End The Streak’ of Daily Deaths on Texas Roads as 20TH Anniversary Approaches