Following a storm which affected parts of Hopkins County early Thursday, March 14, a few damage reports came in to KSST. One of those was from tree damage at the Reilly Springs Community Center. A large tree was uprooted and fell across a driveway to the Community Center which connects it to the Reilly Springs Baptist Church next door. Apparently, the tree had a weakened root system. There was no injury and no damage to any building, however, removal of the massive tree called for a united effort. Cutting up of the limbs was done on Friday, and removal was scheduled for Saturday morning. At least six families showed up with pickups and trailers. A couple of tractors also helped to push the debris together and to load the trailers. By early afternoon, the area was clear and ready for crowds attending the Reilly Springs Jamboree that evening.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Winnsboro Police Department Report for June 10-16, 2019
- Sulphur Springs Man Arrested Following Disturbance Complaint
- Truck, Train Collide North of I-30 At County Road 4719 Railroad Crossing
- Tradin’ Post for Tuesday, June 18th, 2019
- VBS at Shannon Oaks For Families, July 15-18
- Felony Warrant Served, Man Arrested At Rural Residence
- Walk Like MADD and Test Drive a Chevy
- Complaint Of Naked Man In Car Results In Arrest
- I-30 Traffic Stop In Cumby Yields Methamphetamine, Marijuana Pipe, 2 Arrests
- Channel 18 News: Monday, June 17, 2019
Ye Olde KSST Poll
My plans to take part in the Dairy Festival...
- Have not changed! (54%)
- Wasn't planing on going anyway. (36%)
- I'm out, I dont like confrontation. (9%)
- I might stay at home and see how the first few events go... (1%)
Thanks for voting!