Following a storm which affected parts of Hopkins County early Thursday, March 14, a few damage reports came in to KSST. One of those was from tree damage at the Reilly Springs Community Center. A large tree was uprooted and fell across a driveway to the Community Center which connects it to the Reilly Springs Baptist Church next door. Apparently, the tree had a weakened root system. There was no injury and no damage to any building, however, removal of the massive tree called for a united effort. Cutting up of the limbs was done on Friday, and removal was scheduled for Saturday morning. At least six families showed up with pickups and trailers. A couple of tractors also helped to push the debris together and to load the trailers. By early afternoon, the area was clear and ready for crowds attending the Reilly Springs Jamboree that evening.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Mount Vernon 69ers Planning 50th-Year Reunion
- Saltillo FFA’s Annual Stew & Auction Planned April 25
- Tira News for April 17, 2019
- Wildcats Baseball Coach Jerrod Hammack Talks About Wildcats Second Straight Win
- Lady Cats Softball Coach David Carrillo Comments On Disappointing Senior Night Loss Tuesday
- Xavier Cork Signs To Be a Catamount of Western Carolina on Signing Day
- Wildcat Keaston Willis Officially Signs Letter to Play Basketball at Incarnate Word
- Channel 18 News: Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- Tradin’ Post for Wednesday, April 17th, 2019
- Woman Jailed For Allegedly Attempting To Get Medicine With Fake Prescription