The Miller Grove FFA Skills Team was happy to assist a community need by building a piece of equipment for an area law enforcement organization. Ag teacher and FFA sponsor Jeffery Gatlin let the students know how their skills could be used in a beneficial way by creating a battering ram for use by a SWAT team in rescue and apprehension. It was built to size, weight and balance specifications using scrap metal on hand and simple welds. The tool was presented to Rockwall Police Patrol Officer and SWAT member Troy Williamson on Thursday January 24 in the school shop. Williamson plans to add this to the “tool box” onboard his SWAT unit. He said the item would cost his department over $400. Gatlin stated that it cost his department less than $30 to build and that it gave the students a sense of pride that their gift might help save a life.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Saltillo Cross Country Win Meet
- Lady Cats Volleyball Finish Fourth
- Joe “Shine” Thomas
- Budget Amendment, Impact Of House Bill 3 On Funding Discussed at SSISD Meeting
- City of Como Announces Plans For VFD, Building
- Man Accused Of Smashing Girlfriend’s Phone, Ending Her 911 Call For Help
- Winnsboro Man Arrested After Allegedly Falsely Identifying Himself To Police
- Sulpur Springs City Council To Hold Public Hearing Monday For Tax Rate
- County Records For Aug. 23, 2019
- Afternoon Blaze Damages Pallet Business Building On I-30 Frontage Road Friday
Ye Olde KSST Poll
My favorite fall activity here in Hopkins County is... (Select up to 2)
- World Champion Hopkins County Stew Contest (50%)
- The Parade (19%)
- The Carnival (12%)
- Arts & Crafts Show (12%)
- Lone Star Quilt Show (7%)
Thanks for voting!