Employees, volunteers and their families were invited to the Hopkins County Sheriff’s Department annual Christmas party held on Friday December 21, 2018 in the sally-port. After a welcome and greeting from Sheriff Tatum, a brief year-end recognition was made for department employees who have gone ‘above and beyond’ in their duties during 2018. Recognized were Dispatcher of the Year Gretchen Howell, Seizures officer Lori Duncan, Narcotics Officer Wade Sheets, Patrol Officer of the Year Michael Russell, Deputy of the Year Aaron Chaney and Corrections Officer of the Year Yolanda Williams. The food was blessed and serving lines formed for a BBQ meal prepared and served in the jail kitchen facilities. For the children who attended, Blue Santa made an appearance. Each child got a chance to meet him in person and select toys from Santa’s bag. Even Sheriff Tatum got a present, a Henry rifle for his personal collection. A Merry Christmas was wished to all and a blessed, safe and healthy New Year!
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Dinner Bell Menu For June 26th, 2019
- A Gift From WoodmenLife
- Mr. Bill Walker
- Loyd Cullen Tucker
- Wildcats 7 on 7 Football Season Ends With One Point Loss at State Qualifier Tourney in Rowlett Friday
- Channel 18 News: Monday, June 24, 2019
- PJC Students Make the President’s and Dean’s List
- Hopkins County Hospital District June 24 Agenda
- Criminal Mischief Reported At 3 Local Businesses
- Natali Marie Lawson
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Using old tires for road construction...
- Seems like a great idea! (48%)
- I'm for trying anything! (19%)
- It's been tried before... and it didn't really work. (13%)
- Tires are waste and should not be spread around the county. (10%)
- I'd have some tires I'd like to donate! (10%)
Thanks for voting!