The Wildcats’ golf team completed a most successful fall golf season with a 10-stroke victory at a tournament at Mount Pleasant Country Club Monday (November 5). Wildcats Golf Coach Chris Owens said they were fortunate to get the tournament in due to rain. He said a 90% chance of rain Monday ended up being a 100% chance. Coach Owens said an hour and a half to two hours into their round, the Wildcats had to stop playing due to hard rainfall. The Wildcats were delayed for about an hour. Despite the delay and the wet conditions, Coach Owens said the Wildcats played well and shot their best team score of the fall, a 319. The Wildcats top two golfers tied for first place in the medalist race. Both Carter Lewis and Andrew Escobar shot 78. Lewis won medalist based on his performance on the highest handicapped holes. Both players shot a 5 on the highest handicapped hole. Lewis had a 4 to Escobar’s 5 on the second highest handicapped hole. Also for the Wildcats Colten Bench shot 81, Grant Mohesky had 82 and Kip Childress came in with an 84. Coach Owens said he was pleased with the scores. The Wildcats played three fall tournaments. They finished second at Sulphur Springs Country Club and then won tournaments at Tempest Golf Club in Gladewater and at Mount Pleasant Country Club. Coach Owens said the golfers would continue to play golf and would resume play as a golf team at the end of February.
- Meal A Day Menu: June 17-21, 2019
- Jimmy De Odell
- Rachel Bramlett Crowned 2019 Dairy Festival Queen
- Methamphetamine, THC Oil Found During Traffic Stop
- Investigation of Suspicious Activity Results In 2 Arrests
- Las Lecheras Meet Whipped Challenge With Creative Dishes
- Sulphur Springs Man Accused of Intoxication, Cocaine Possession
- Hopkins County Records for the Week of June 14, 2019
- Paris District Road Report for the week of June 17, 2019
- ‘A Living Legacy’ Celebration Honoring J.D. Franklin To Be Held Monday, June 17, At Morning Chapel MBC
Ye Olde KSST Poll
My plans to take part in the Dairy Festival...
- Have not changed! (54%)
- Wasn't planing on going anyway. (36%)
- I'm out, I dont like confrontation. (9%)
- I might stay at home and see how the first few events go... (1%)
Thanks for voting!