Hopkins County resident Larry V. Davis was born near Fairlee, Texas and educated at Boles Home. During high school, he traveled the country with the Boles Home Choir as a singer and public speaker. His adult career spanned from work in radio to writer to stockbroker to goat rancher. As a sideline, he developed the Mark Twain character when he was a young adult and has spent over 50 years presenting Twain’s iconic wisdom to audiences everywhere. He will appear in the Greenville Concert Series on January 18, 2019. Now that the published author has returned “home” to western Hopkins County, he often donates his talent to worthy causes like fundraising for the Sulphur Springs Seniors Center Building Fund. Please attend the presentation by donation on Saturday November 10 at 7 pm and enjoy an amusing, historical, heartwarming program as L.V. Davis becomes “Mark Twain”.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Meal A Day Menu: June 17-21, 2019
- Jimmy De Odell
- Rachel Bramlett Crowned 2019 Dairy Festival Queen
- Methamphetamine, THC Oil Found During Traffic Stop
- Investigation of Suspicious Activity Results In 2 Arrests
- Las Lecheras Meet Whipped Challenge With Creative Dishes
- Sulphur Springs Man Accused of Intoxication, Cocaine Possession
- Hopkins County Records for the Week of June 14, 2019
- Paris District Road Report for the week of June 17, 2019
- ‘A Living Legacy’ Celebration Honoring J.D. Franklin To Be Held Monday, June 17, At Morning Chapel MBC
Ye Olde KSST Poll
My plans to take part in the Dairy Festival...
- Have not changed! (54%)
- Wasn't planing on going anyway. (36%)
- I'm out, I dont like confrontation. (9%)
- I might stay at home and see how the first few events go... (1%)
Thanks for voting!