Sulphur Springs – A 57-year old woman and a 51-year old man, both Sulphur Springs residents, were arrested on drug related charges after a traffic stop Thursday evening July 19th, 2018. A Sulphur Springs police officer stopped a vehicle at Industrial Drive and College Street shortly after 7:30 p.m. Thursday. The officer became suspicious when the pair told conflicting stories and showed signs of nervousness. The vehicle’s occupants would not give consent for a search of their vehicle. The officer sent for Hopkins County Canine Deputy Kelly Wiser. His dog alerted on the vehicle. The search led to discovery of a small black bag that contained a pill bottle that had two plastic baggies inside, one containing suspected methamphetamine and the other suspected heroin. Linda Vienne Trussell and Anthony Glenn Ewton have been charged with possession of a controlled substance over four grams before Justice of the Peace Bead Cummings who set bond for each at $25,000.
- COVID-19 Testing Update: 924 Tests, 648 Negative, 249 Pending Tests In Hopkins County
- Missing Arkansas Man Found In Lake Cypress Springs
- Governor Outlines Phase III Of Plan To Reopen Texas
- Cattle Prices Continue To Fall While Grocery Store Prices On The Rise
- Sulphur Springs City Manager’s Report, June 2020
- Architect, Land Purchase For New Sulphur Springs Senior Citizens Center Approved
Ye Olde KSST Poll
When Will You Feel Okay Traveling On A Vacation Again ?
- I would go now if I could. (31%)
- I would go once we have a vaccine for COVID-19 (19%)
- I will probably wait another month. (15%)
- I may not travel until summer of 2021 (15%)
- I don't know if I will ever feel comfortable traveling again. (12%)
- Maybe when the government gives the "all clear" (8%)
Thanks for voting!