Sulphur Springs – A 57-year old woman and a 51-year old man, both Sulphur Springs residents, were arrested on drug related charges after a traffic stop Thursday evening July 19th, 2018. A Sulphur Springs police officer stopped a vehicle at Industrial Drive and College Street shortly after 7:30 p.m. Thursday. The officer became suspicious when the pair told conflicting stories and showed signs of nervousness. The vehicle’s occupants would not give consent for a search of their vehicle. The officer sent for Hopkins County Canine Deputy Kelly Wiser. His dog alerted on the vehicle. The search led to discovery of a small black bag that contained a pill bottle that had two plastic baggies inside, one containing suspected methamphetamine and the other suspected heroin. Linda Vienne Trussell and Anthony Glenn Ewton have been charged with possession of a controlled substance over four grams before Justice of the Peace Bead Cummings who set bond for each at $25,000.
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 21, 2021
- Reception for Retiring Carolyn McKinney Held Friday at SW Dairy Museum
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events