Sulphur Springs School Board will meet in a special session 6 p.m. Monday in the Administration Building Board Room on Connally Street. Various items are on the agenda:
CALL TO ORDER:
Pledges to American & Texas Flags – Travis Primary Students
- FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS
- Announcement by the President whether a quorum is present, that the meeting had been duly called and that the notice of the meeting had been posted in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
Public participation is limited to the designated open forum portion of a meeting per policy BED(LOCAL).
- Presentation of plaque of appreciation to former board member.
- Recognize school board members for “School Board Appreciation Month”
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS/INFORMATION ITEMS
- Dual Language Enrichment (DLE) program highlight – Travis Primary
- Head Start items given to the Board under separate cover for information only:
– Director’s Report for December
– December Newsletter
– Policy Council minutes for October
CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
These items are considered to be routine by the board and will be enacted under one motion, unless a member of the board requests that an item be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
- Consider approval of 2016-2017 Head Start Annual Report. (Exhibit IV-A) 6
- Consider approval of 2017-2018 Head Start Community Assessment Update.
- Discuss and consider approval of Resolution 1-18 electing a representative to serve on the Hopkins County Appraisal District Board of Directors for the term beginning January 1, 2018 and ending on December 31, 2019.
- Discuss and consider approval of Texas Education Agency application for staff
development minutes waiver. [Michael Lamb]
Executive Session will be held for the purpose of consideration of matters for which closed or executive sessions are authorized by Title 5, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, Sections (.072), (.074).
- Discuss and consider personnel to be employed, personnel to be reassigned, acknowledge and accept resignations of personnel, other personnel matters.
- Discuss purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property.
- Discuss and consider Superintendent’s evaluation.
- Discuss and consider Superintendent’s contract extension and compensation.
RECONVENE FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION FOR ACTION RELATIVE TO ITEMS COVERED DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.